YORK, PA – The York College women's track and field squad concluded their preparations for the 2019 Capital Athletic Conference Indoor championships with a pair of tune-up meets this weekend. On Saturday, the Spartans sent selected sprinters and distance runners to Monmouth to participate in the Monmouth University Winter Collegiate Invitational. On Sunday, selected throwers and jumpers headed to the Dickinson DuCharme Invitational.
The highlight of the weekend came from senior Jess DelViscio as she set a new school record in the 1,000 meter run as she finished second with a time of 3:04.98.
SPARTAN TOP 20 FINISHERS AT MONMOUTH
2. Jess DelViscio – 1000 meter run (3:04.98)
4. Sarah Nicoletti – 5,000 meter run (20:07.21)
5. Taylor Barkdoll – 800 meter run (2:26.47)
6. Amber Strouse – 3,000 meter run (11:15.57)
8. Kelsie Naldrett – 60 meter hurdles (10.06)
10. Kelsie Naldrett – 400 meter run (1:06.28)
15. Rylee Winkelspecht – 60 meter hurdles (11.71)
17. Grace Treffinger – 60 meter run (8.77)
SPARTAN TOP 20 FINISHERS AT DICKINSON
3. Hayden Divers – shot put (10.21 meters / 33'6")
4. Quinn Burton – pole vault (2.30 meters / 7'6.5")
The Spartans had a good weekend with a number of strong performances including Jess DelViscio's school record in the 1,000 meter run … freshman Sarah Nicoletti set a new PR in the 5,000 meter run as she crossed the line in a time of 20:07.21 … freshman Hayden Divers set a new PR in the shot put with a best throw of 10.21 meters as she finished third.
The Spartans head to the Capital Athletic Conference championships on Friday afternoon for the two-day championships hosted in Newport News, VA. The action kicks off Friday afternoon at 4:00 pm and features the 5,000 meter run, the 60 meter hurdles preliminaries, the distance medley relay, along with the high jump, the weight throw, and the pole vault.