ROME, GA – The York College women's golf squad capped a successful fall campaign with a seventh place finish at the Chick-fil-A Collegiate Invitational hosted by Berry College on Monday and Tuesday afternoon.
The tournament was held at Coosa Country Club in Rome, Georgia.
The Spartans shot a two day total of 660 as they fired a 330 on Monday and duplicated that on Tuesday with another 330. York was four strokes out of sixth and 11 strokes out of a top five finish.
Shorter University won the tournament as they shot a total of 621. Oglethorpe was second at 625 followed by Birmingham-Southern (636), Milligan (648), and Berry (649).
Top Spartan Performers
• Freshman Jordan Koller led the Spartans as she shot a total score of 160 with an opening round 80 followed by an 80 on Tuesday. Koller finished tied for 17th place with the 160.
• Freshman Anna Moore was York's next finisher as she placed tied for 29th with a score of 166. Moore shot an 84 on Monday followed by an 82 on Tuesday.
• Freshman Shelby Tapman finished one stroke back of Moore as she totaled a score of 167. Tapman shot a nine-over-par 81 on Monday while she carded an 86 on Tuesday. Tapman tied for 34th in the 79-player field.
• Sophomore Emma Harding was York's fourth finisher in the tournament as she shot a total of 169. Harding had an 87 on Monday but bounced back with a five-stroke improvement to shoot an 82 on Tuesday.
• Freshman Brooke Burnette was York's fifth tournament participant as she completed the tournament with a score of 183. Burnette was solid on Monday with an 85 but struggled on Tuesday with a 98. Burnette tied for 56th in the tournament.
The Spartans will return to action in March. The full spring schedule will be posted at www.ycpspartans.com before Thanksgiving.