RISING SUN, MD – The York College women's golf squad sits in first place after day one of The Revolutionary Collegiate Golf Classic hosted by Ursinus College on Saturday at the Chesapeake Bay Club in Rising Sun, Maryland.
York fired a first round 347 as they lead Millersville by nine strokes and East Stroudsburg by 13. There are nine teams at the tournament. The course played very long as the wet and windy conditions pushed the scores higher than they normally would be.
Top Five Team Scores
1. York (Pa.) – 347
2. Millersville - 356
3. East Stroudsburg – 360
4. Marymount (Va.) - 380
5. Muhlenberg – 388
Top Spartan Performers
• Freshman Shelby Tapman led the Spartans with a nine-over-par 81. She sits five strokes back of tournament leader Danielle Greene from Millersville.
• Freshman Jordan Koller was York's next finisher as she shot an 87 for the Green and White.
• Fellow freshman Anna Moore was third for the Spartans as she carded an 89 for York.
• Sophomore Emma Harding was York's fourth finisher as she shot a 90 to round out York's scorers.
• Freshman Brenna Keener was York's fifth participant as she shot 100 in her first collegiate round.
The Spartans will play the second day of the tournament on Sunday. They will start with a shotgun start at 12:30 pm.