APOLLO, PA – The York College Spartan women's golf squad finished fourth of ten teams at the season opening Carnegie Mellon Fall Shootout at the Links of Spring Church Golf Club in Apollo, PA. The Spartans shot 330 on Sunday to finish with a two-day total of 651. York broke a school record with a 321 on Saturday and their Sunday score would have been a school record had it not been for Saturday's round.
Carnegie Mellon's A squad won the tournament with a team score of 617. The Tartans shot 316 in round one and were even better on Sunday as they shot 301. The Tartans B squad finished second at 647 after a 323 on Saturday and a 324 on Sunday. Dennison University edged the Spartans for third place as they shot 649 with a 332 on Saturday and a 317 on Sunday. Point University finished fifth in the ten team field as they ended up at 714 for the weekend.
Top Spartan Finishers
• Freshman Anna Moore finished her first collegiate tournament in eighth place as she shot an 82 on Sunday. Moore, who had a share of the lead after her opening round 77, totaled a 159. Moore earned the top ten finish, nine strokes back of tournament champion Charlotte Simpson who carded a two-over-par 150 for the weekend.
• Sophomore Emma Harding had York's best round of the day as she fired an 81 to finishing one stroke back of Moore. Harding completed the tournament with a top ten finish as she placed tied for ninth in the 51-player field. Harding earned her eighth career top-ten finish in her ten career Spartan events.
• Freshman Jordan Koller was York's third finisher as she shot an 82 on Sunday to finish tied for 14th in her collegiate debut. Koller was consistent on the weekend with her Saturday 81 as she shot 163 for the weekend. Koller was two strokes out of a top ten finish.
• Sophomore Lindsey Bonner had a strong tournament as she shot 169 for the weekend to finish 17th. Bonner shot 84 on Saturday followed by an 85 on Sunday.
• Sophomore Bethany Snodgrass was York's fifth tournament participant as she shot a weekend total of 182. Bonner shot 93 on Saturday and improved by four strokes with an 89 on Sunday.
The Spartans are now off until October 6 & 7 when they head to the Green Turtle Invitational hosted by Shenandoah University. The tournament will be held at the Shenandoah Valley Golf Club in Front Royal, Virginia. Saturday's round is slated for a 12:00 pm start.