APOLLO, PA – The York College women's golf squad began their 2018 fall campaign with an impressive start as York sits second of 10 teams at the Carnegie Mellon Fall Shootout on Saturday in Apollo, Pa. The tournament is being held at the Links at Spring Church, a par 74 layout in Apollo.
The Spartans carded a school record 321 for the round, besting the previous school record by a whooping 37 strokes. York also got a new school record from Anna Moore as the freshman shot a three-over-par 77 as she is tied for the tournament lead.
Top Spartan Performers
• Freshman Anna Moore finished her first collegiate round with a 77, a school record for a single round. Moore broke teammate Emma Harding's record of 83. Moore is tied with Carnegie Mellon's Yedin Lui and Point University's Joey Walz for first place after day one.
• Harding got her sophomore year started off with a career-best 79. Harding sits in ninth place, two strokes back of the lead heading into Sunday.
• Freshman Jordan Koller was the third Spartan finisher in the tournament as she shot an 81 on Saturday. That ties Koller for 12th place, four strokes off the place.
• Sophomore Lindsey Bonner was York's fourth finisher on Saturday as she shot a career-best 84, tying her for 15th place in the 51-player field.
• Sophomore Bethany Snodgrass was York's fifth tournament participant as she set a 93, three strokes off her collegiate low. She is tied for 32nd overall.
The Spartans set a bushel full of new school records in the opening round of the tournament … the previous low round in the opening round of a tournament was the 358 that the Spartans shot at the UMW Invitational on March 17, 2018 … the Spartans won that tournament and Emma Harding won the individual title with a score of 166.
The Spartans play in day two of the CMU Fall Shootout at 9:00 am.