ROME, GA – The York College men's golf squad finished the fall portion of their 2018 schedule with a 16th place finish at the Chick-fil-A Collegiate Invitational hosted by Berry College in Georgia. The two-day tournament was held at Stonebridge Golf Club in Rome, Georgia.
The Spartans shot a two-day total of 627 as they shot a team score of 315 on Monday followed by a 312 on Tuesday. York finished ten strokes back of a tie for 11th as Walters State and Piedmont both shot 617 for the tournament.
Central Alabama won the tournament as they shot 575 (one-under-par) for the tournament. They shot 286 on Monday and 289 on Tuesday. Host Berry finished second at 585 while Oglethorpe (596), LaGrange and Emory (both shot 600) rounded out the top five teams.
Top Spartan Performers
• Sophomore Luke Fayocavitz led the way for York as he shot a two-day total of 155 as he finished tied for 44th. Fayocavitz shot a four-over-par 76 on Monday and followed that with a 79 on Tuesday for his total.
• Senior Tyler Newton was York's next finisher as he was one stroke back of Fayocavitz with a score of 156. Newton shot a 79 on Monday and bounced back to shoot a five-over-par 77 on Tuesday.
• Freshman Casey Leebrick finished third in the tournament for York as he shot a two-day total of 157. Leebrick shot a 79 on Monday and followed that with a 78 on Tuesday as he finished tied for 57th in the 103 player field.
• Sophomore Robert Cocorikis finished fourth overall for the Green and White as he totaled a score of 161. Cocorikis shot an 83 during Monday's round and made a five-shot improvement on Tuesday with a 78 as he finished tied for 71st.
• Sophmore Joel Marshall was the fifth tournament participant as he finished with a score of 164. Marshall was York's fourth scorer on Monday as he shot an 81 but fell back two strokes with an 83 on Tuesday. Marshall finished tied for 80th overall.
The Spartans will return to action in March. The full spring schedule will be posted at www.ycpspartans.com before Thanksgiving.