CARLISLE, PA – The York College women's cross country team wrapped up their 2017 campaign with a 14th place finish at the 2017 Mideast Regionals hosted by Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA on Saturday.
The Spartans totaled 482 points as they finished 17 points out of 13th place.
Top Five Teams (49 Teams Participating in the Championship)
1. Johns Hopkins – 32 points
2. Elizabethtown – 100 points
3. Haverford – 150 points
4. Carnegie Mellon – 168 points
5. Dickinson – 178 points
14. York – 482 points
Top Spartan Peformers
• Junior Alayna De Bruin led the Spartans with a 53rd place finish. De Bruin notched a time of 23:45.0 as she was the first York runner to cross the finish line. De Bruin was less than five seconds out of a top 50 finish for York.
• Sophomore Rachel Banchiere put together a solid regional meet as she placed 74th with a time of 24:03.4.
• Junior Jess DelViscio was York's next finisher as she placed 92nd with a time of 24:20.4, good for an average mile of 6:31.
• Junior Kristi Wandzilak was the fourth Spartan to cross the finish line as she placed 98th with a time of 24:23.1.
• Freshman Emily Davis was the final Spartan scorer in the race as she placed 167th with a time of 25:29.4.
The Spartans were coming off their second straight Capital Athletic Conference championship as York earned the title two weeks ago in Newport News, Virginia … the Spartans must say goodbye to seniors Oriana Howell and Kim Massa but the Spartans return the rest of their lineup in 2018 … York has finished 11th, 12th, 10th, and 14th at the regional meet in the last four years.
The regional championship meet closes out the season for the Spartans. A number of runners will now transition into the indoor track and field season which opens on December 2 at Franklin & Marshall.