KUTZTOWN, PA – The York College women's cross country team returned to action on a hot Saturday afternoon as the Green and White participated in the D2/D3 Challenge meet hosted by Kutztown University in Kutztown, PA.
The Spartans finished 11th of 19 teams as York totaled 286 points.
Top Spartan Performers
• Juniors Jess DelViscio led the Spartans with a 45th place finish in the race as she crossed the line in a time 25:08.6. DelViscio was the sixth Division III finisher in the event.
• Fellow junior Alayna De Bruin was a mere two spots back of DelViscio as De Bruin traversed the 6K course in a time of 25:11.1.
• Junior Kristi Wandzilak was the third Spartan to cross the line as she notched a time of 25:40.1. That time was good for a 55th place finish for Wandzilak.
• Freshman Emma Rogers clocked in with a time of 25:58.1 as she was the fourth Spartan finisher. She earned a 62nd place finish out of the 194 participants.
• Sophomore Rachel Banchiere was York's fifth finisher with a time of 26:52.1 which placed her 77th overall.
• The Spartans finished third of seven Division III meets in the event.
He Said It
"The women raced second today and really had to battle the heat," said head coach Stephen LoBianco. "The women were up to the challenge of competing in less than ideal conditions. I felt they put in solid efforts and raced well against a good field."
The Spartans are off until Saturday, October 7 when they head to the DeSales University Invitational in Allentown, PA. The invitational will kick off at 10:30 am.