YORK, PA – The Spartans held a halftime advantage, but fell to offensive juggernaut #8 Johns Hopkins 5-2 in a non-conference contest.
Final Score: York 2 – Johns Hopkins 5
Records: York 2-5, Johns Hopkins 6-1
Shots: York 4, Johns Hopkins 27
Shots on Goal: York 3, Johns Hopkins 10
Corner Kicks: York 0, Johns Hopkins 5
Saves: York 4, Johns Hopkins 1
How It Happened:
• The Blue Jays got on the board first in the 7th minute when Toni Abate finished off a short corner from Insa Mannstadt that just snuck passed the Spartan keeper.
• Only a few minutes later, York had numbers on the offensive end and Emily Munkittrick scored her first goal of the season off a short pass from Macayla Welsh to give the Spartans a 2-1 lead into halftime.
• Hopkins came out firing only two minutes into the second half and Maggie Coulson rocketed a shot form 25 yards out into the top-left corner of the net tying the score at 2-2.
• The Blue Jays added another goal in the 55th minute on a Kristen Hori strike from in close that gave them a 3-2 advantage.
• Another goal for Hopkins was added in the 67th minute by Insa Mannstadt as the Blue Jays grabbed some insurance and gave them a 4-2 lead over York.
• The floodgates were officially open as the Blue Jays added another goal when Maggie Coulson tallied her second goal of the contest making it a 5-2 score.
Caitlin Rankin: 1 goal, 1 shot on goal, 1 shot
Emily Munkittrick: 1 goal, 1 shot on goal, 1 shot
Jenna Cholowinski: 1 assist, 1 shot
Macayla Welsh: 1 assist
Blue Jay Leaders
Toni Abate: 1 goal, 2 shots on goal, 2 shots
Maggie Coulson: 2 goal, 3 shots on goal, 6 shots
Kristen Hori: 1 goal, 1 shot on goal, 1 shot
Insa Mannstadt: 1 goal, 1 assist, 1 shot on goal, 2 shots
Sydney Kahn (YCP): 90 minutes played, 5 goals against, 4 saves (Loss, 2-5)
Robyn Lipschultz (JHU): 90 minutes played, 2 goals against, 1 save (Win, 3-1)
York is now 0-5-0 all-time against Johns Hopkins … the Spartans scored the first goals against the Blue Jays since September 5 and are only the second team this season to tally multiple goals against them … senior Caitlin Rankin scored her second goal of the season, both coming in consecutive games … sophomore Emily Munkittrick also tallied her first goal of the year … four different Spartans tallied a point in the contest … the Spartans are now 2-2 at home in 2018.
The Spartans will start a three-game road trip when they take on Marywood on Saturday. Kick off scheduled to be at 1:00 pm in Scranton, PA.