GETTYSBURG, PA – The Gettysburg Bullet women's soccer squad got all the scoring they needed in the 63rd minute as the Bullets edged the York College Spartans 1-0 in a non-conference action in Gettysburg. York has now lost three straight.
Final Score: Gettysburg 1 – York 0
Records: York 1-4, Gettysburg 3-1-1
Shots: York 9, Gettysburg 15
Shots on Goal: York 6, Gettysburg 9
Corner Kicks: York 4, Gettysburg 4
Saves: York 8, Gettysburg 6
How It Happened:
• The Spartans had the better of the play in the opening 20 minutes of the game. York fired off four shots with three of those shots finding target as Bullet goalie Madelyn Cunningham notched three saves.
• The Bullets had their own streak of dominating play in the first half with four straight shots midway through the period.
• Both teams finished the first half with six first half shots while York put five of those six shots on frame.
• The Bullets took control of the match coming out of the break. Gettysburg fired off four of the first five shots of the half. Spartan keeper Sydney Kahn was forced to make four saves during that 15 minute stretch.
• Gettysburg finally broke the scoring seal as Kahn tried to clear the ball only to have Molly O'Shea intercept the pass. O'Shea flicked a pass to Erika Muskus who finished off the chance in front of the net.
• York was limited to just three second half shots as the Bullet defense clamped down on the Green and White.
Natalie McCarthy: 2 shots on goal
Molly Cripe: 1 shot on goal
Skyler Wilt: 1 shot on goal
Ally Badman: 1 shot on goal
Caitlyn Findlay: 2 shots, 1 shot on goal
Erika Muskus: 1 goal, 5 shots, 3 shots on goal
Molly O'Shea: 1 assists, 3 shots, 2 shots on goal
Christinia Diguilio: 1 shot on goal
Charlotte Cenatiempo: 2 shots, 1 shot on goal
Sydney Kahn (YCP): 90:00 minutes played, 1 goal against, 8 saves (Loss, 1-4)
Madelyn Cunningham (GC): 90:00 minutes played, 0 goals against, 6 saves (Win, 1-0)
York has now been shutout in three of their four losses … York has scored just one goal in their four losses … York attempted a season-low nine shots in the loss … the Spartans had a season-high eight saves … sophomore Sydney Kahn set a new career-high with her eight saves in goal for the Green and White … York scored five of their season six goals in the win over Alvernia on September 2.
The Spartans return to action on Saturday as they host DeSales in a key non-conference contest. Kick off is scheduled for 1:00 pm at Graham Field.