WESTMINSTER, MD. – The York College women's soccer team allowed three first-half goals before falling to McDaniel College 3-0 on Thursday. The 16th-ranked Green Terror proved to be too much, stifling the Spartan offense and conceding just two shots.
Records: York 0-3, McDaniel 2-1
Shots: York 2, McDaniel 16
Shots on goal: York 0, McDaniel 8
Corner kicks: York 1, McDaniel 10
Saves: York 5, McDaniel 0
Fouls: York 4, McDaniel 5
How It Happened:
• The Green Terror jumped on the Spartans early, scoring their first in the 8th minute, when Katie Kirschenmann took a pass from Paola Rosa and finished her chance.
• York battled back, staving off McDaniel until Allie Titus doubled the Green Terror lead in the 25th minute. That goal proved to be the backbreaker as just three minutes later, Maddie Schwartz made it 3-0 over the Green and White.
• Neither team would manage a goal in the second half, but York unleashed both of their shots after the halftime break, with none of them coming to fruition, though.
• Maxine Herman (York): 1 shot
• Caitlin Rankin (York): 1 shot
• Maddie Schwartz (McD): 1 goal, 3 shots, 3 shots on goal
• Katie Kirschenmann (McD): 1 goal, 4 shots, 2 shots on goal
• Allie Titus (McD): 1 goal, 3 shots, 1 shot on goal
• Jess Wieber (York): 56:29 minutes, 7 shots on goal, 3 goals against, 4 saves (L, 0-3)
• Sydney Kahn (York): 33:31 minutes, 1 shot on goal, 0 goals against, 1 save
• Sarah McDonald (McD): 90 minutes, 0 shots on goal, 0 goals against, 0 saves (W, 2-1)
McDaniel marks the second ranked team the Spartans have taken on this season … the Spartans have dropped the last three meetings with the Green Terror, but still lead the all-time series 4-3-1 … in the first five games of the year, York matched up with three ranked teams with the third coming against Washington & Lee next weekend.
York opens up their home schedule on Wednesday against Gettysburg, marking the women's first night game at Graham Field. Kick off is set for 7 p.m.