LEXINGTON, VA – The York College women's golf squad finished ninth of 13 teams at the General's Invitational hosted by Washington & Lee University on Monday and Tuesday. The Spartans shot a two-day total of 764 as they were very consistent with a 383 on Monday followed by a 381 on Tuesday.
Top Team Scores
1. Methodist University – 625 (311 & 314)
T2. Carnegie Mellon – 628 (320 & 308)
T2. Washington & Lee – 628 (315 & 313)
4. Centre – 639 (319 & 320)
5. Bridgewater (Va.) – 653 (333 & 320)
9. York (Pa.) – 764 (383 & 381)
Top Spartan Performers
• Freshman Emma Harding led the Spartans in the tournament as she finished 41st with a two-day total of 175. Harding had a tale of two rounds as she shot an 83 on Monday. She then carded a 92 on Tuesday. She was tied for 17th after the first round but Tuesday's result dropped her down the individual standings.
• Freshman Eunice Sung was York's next finisher as she placed 53rd with a two-day total of 192. Sung shot 99 on Monday and then trimmed six shots off that score on Tuesday for a 93.
• Freshman Lindsey Bonner was one shot back of Sung as she finished tied for 54th with a total score of 193. Bonner shot 100 on Monday followed by a 93 on Tuesday.
• Freshman Olivia Roth was York's fourth scorer in the tournament as she finished with a two-day total of 212. Roth shot 101 on Monday and then had a 111 on Tuesday as she finished 61st.
• Freshman Bethany Snodgrass was York's fifth tournament participant as she was one stroke back of Roth with a 213. Snodgrass shot 110 on Monday and trimmed seven strokes off on a Tuesday for a 103.
The Spartans return to action on Thursday, October 12 when they head to the Stevenson Fall Invitational at Piney Branch Golf Club in Hampstead, Maryland. The action kicks off at 12:00 pm.