KUTZTOWN, PA – The York College men's cross country team put together an impressive performance at the 2017 D2/D3 Cross Country Challenge hosted by Kutztown University on a hot Saturday morning in Kutztown, PA.
The Spartans finished sixth of 19 teams with 196 points. York was the top Division III team in the meet. York was the best of the seven Division III teams at the event.
Top Spartan Performers
• Senior Alex Smith was York's top finisher as he led a strong pack of Spartans at the 8k event. Smith finished 36th with a time of 27:59.0. Smith was the third highest finishing Division III runner in the event.
• Senior Andy MacGibbon was York's second finisher as he was two spots back of Smith with a 38th place finish. MacGibbon crossed the line in a time of 28:03.0 as he was the fourth highest Division III runner in the field.
• Senior Grant Dell was right on MacGibbon's heals as he was 39th with a nearly identical time of 28:03.0.
• Senior Andrew Erickson was the fourth Spartan to score in the event as he placed 41st with a time of 28:05.0. Freshman Jake O'Neill was right behind Erickson as he placed 42nd, crossing the line in a time of 28:06 as York's final scoring runner.
• Junior Ben Linne was the sixth Spartan to complete the race as he was 48th with a time of 28:26.0. Freshman Drew Alansky was the seventh Spartan finisher with a 51st place finish and a time of 28:37.0.
He Said It
"It was a very hot day but the men were able to work together, stay close and finish as the top D3 team at the meet," said Spartan head coach Stephen LoBianco. "The men continue to focus on working in packs and being a strong team."
The Spartans are off until Saturday, October 7 when they head to the DeSales University Invitational in Allentown, PA. The invitational will kick off at 10:30 am.