Owings Mills, MD – The York College men's soccer team picked up their second win in as many games with a 2-1 non-conference victory against Stevenson on a hot and muggy evening in Owings Mills, Maryland.
Score: York 2 – Stevenson 1
Records: York 2-1, Stevenson 1-2
Shots: York 22, Stevenson 8
Shots on Goal: York 10, Stevenson 2
Corner Kicks: York 5, Stevenson 0
Saves: York 1, Stevenson 8
How It Happened
- The Mustangs struck early as Dylan Holy headed a long throw-in from Evan Joseph into the far corner of the net in the 5thminute.
- The Spartans drew even as Marc Murgo took advantage of a misplayed free kick by the Mustang keeper and drove a lefty shot into the top of the goal off an assist from fellow defensemen Brook Addisu in the 26thminute of the play.
- Stevenson threatened late in the first stanza as they had two shots ricochet off the post but the Spartan defense held strong to keep the game leveled at 1-1 at the end of the first half.
- After a long second half of back and forth soccer, Isiah Dorsey broke free in the 85thminute and placed a shot in the lower right corner of the goal for his second goal of the season and gave the Spartans a late 2-1 lead.
- York's defense held strong as Stevenson had some late chances including a last minute dangerous throw-in that resulted in a Billy Bridegum save to preserve the win for the Spartans.
Marc Murgo: 1 goal, 2 shots, 1 shot on goal
Isiah Dorsey: 1 goal, 6 shots, 3 shots on goal
Brook Addisu: 1 assist
Dylan Holy: 1 goal, 1 shot on goal
Evan Joseph: 1 assist
Bobby Considine: 8 saves
Billy Bridegum (YCP): 90 minutes played, 1 goal against, 1 save (Win, 2-1)
Bobby Considine (SU): 90 minutes played, 2 goals against, 8 saves (Loss, 1-1)
York is now 18-1-3 all time against the Mustangs … junior Marc Murgo answered an early goal by the Mustangs with a left footed strike to grab his first tally of the season, it was his first goal since September 3, 2017 at Catholic … junior transfer Isiah Dorsey notched his second goal in as many outings with the game winner in the final minutes of the contest … York improves to 2-0 on the road this season.
York returns home to face the Washington & Lee University Generals on Sunday afternoon in a non-conference contest. Kick off is slated for 3:00 pm at Graham Field.