ABBOTTSTOWN, PA – The York College men's golf squad shot a stellar 305 on a beautiful Sunday in the closing round of the Mason-Dixon Collegiate Classic at the Bridges Golf Club in Abbottstown, PA.
The Spartans finished the tournament sixth after being tied for fourth after day one on Saturday. The Green and White finished with a two-day total of 622, two strokes out of fifth and six out of a tie for third.
1. McDaniel – 606 (306 & 300)
2. St. John Fisher – 614 (318 & 296)
T3. Denison – 616 (316 & 300)
T3. Franklin & Marshall – 616 (311 & 305)
5. Swarthmore – 620 (319 & 301)
6. York (Pa.) – 622 (317 & 305)
Top Spartan Performers
• Freshman Robert Cocorikis had a memorable end to his tournament as he shot an even-par 72 on day two. That left him with a two-day total of 152 which tied him for ninth place, four strokes behind tournament champion Dan Altieri from Swarthmore. Cocorikis went out with a two-over-par 38 and then shot a blistering two-under 34 on the back side. He had birdies on ten and 15.
• Freshman Luke Fayocavitz followed his 76 on Saturday with a 79 on Sunday to give him a two-day total of 155. That tied Fayocavitz for 20th position in the 88 player field. Fayocavitz shot 42 on the front and 37 on the back.
• Junior Tyler Newton was York's third tournament finisher as he shot 76 on Sunday after a tough 82 on Saturday. Newton's two-day total of 158 left him tied for 31st in the tournament. Newton shot 37 on the front nine and finished the back side with a 39 as he made a six shot improvement over Saturday's performance.
• Senior Michael Fedak was York's fourth scorer for Sunday as he shot 78 for a two-day total of 159. Fedak finished tied for 35th as he shot a 43 on the front but bounced back with a sterling one-under-par 35 on the back. Fedak had a bogey and a pair of birdies on his final nine of the tournament.
• Sophomore Morgan Uhlick was York's fifth tournament participant as he shot 159 for the tournament. After his 80 on Saturday, he shot 79 on Sunday to finish tied for 35th. On Sunday, Uhlick shot 40 on the front and 39 on the back.
The Spartans conclude their fall season on Saturday, October 14 and 15 with a trip to the Gino Biondi Memorial Tournament at the Glen Maura National Country Club in Moosic, PA. The two-day tournament kicks off at noon on October 14.