HARRISBURG, PA – The York College men's golf squad had a successful weekend at the 2017 Penn State Harrisburg Fall Golf Invitational this weekend as the Spartans placed second at the 16 team tournament. The Spartans finished with a two-day total of 605.
Top Teams (16 Full Teams)
1. McDaniel – 588 (296 & 292)
2. York (Pa.) – 605 (302 & 303)
3. Franklin & Marshall – 610 (304 & 306)
4. Rosemont – 611 (298 & 313)
5. Farmingdale State – 619 (312 & 307)
Top Spartan Performers
• The Spartans were led by the duo of Morgan Uhlick and Joel Marshall as they both tied for fifth with a two-day total of seven-over-par 149. The duo both had very opposite tournaments. Marshall carded an even-par 71 on Saturday while Uhlick shot an eight-over-par 79 in the opening round. Uhlick went low on Sunday as he fired a one-under-par 70 in the tournament's second round while Marshall shot a seven-over-par 78. Uhlick's one-under-par 70 was the best round of the tournament. The Spartan duo finished six strokes back of individual medalist Shawn MacBurnie from McDaniel as he finished at one-over-par 143.
• Freshman Luke Fayocavitz put together a strong tournament as he finished tied for 20th in the 87 player field with a two-day total of 154. Fayocavitz was five-over-par on Saturday with a 76. He followed that with a 78 on Sunday.
• Freshman Mitchell Hardin was York's fourth tournament scorer as he totaled 156 in the tournament. Hardin shot 79 on Saturday and then a 77 on Sunday. Hardin finished tied for 27th in the tournament.
• Junior Tyler Newton was York's fifth tournament participant as he shot 158 for the weekend. Newton shot a solid 76 on Saturday but struggled with an 82 on Sunday, due in large part to a 10 on the par 5 ninth hole on Sunday.
The Spartans return to the course on Saturday, September 23 when they travel to participate in the 2017 Montgomery Cup at the Downingtown Country Club in Downingtown, PA. The first day is a 36-hole stroke play event and Sunday features 36-hole match play. The unique event is being hosted by Rosemont College.