LANCASTER, PA – The York College baseball squad dropped a 7-2 non-conference decision at Franklin & Marshall College on Tuesday afternoon at Caplan Field in Lancaster, PA. The Diplomats snap a three-game losing streak to York as they are now 8-10 overall. The Spartans fall to 7-16-1 for the year.
How It Happened:
• The Diplomats jumped all over the Spartans early as they scored four runs in the first, one more in the second and two in the third as they jumped out to a 7-0 lead.
• The four runs in the first came on four hits and an error. Luke Seib had a two-run double in the inning to make it 4-0.
• The Diplomats got their run in the second on a double steal.
• Seib plated another run in the third with his second double of the day. Christopher Vincent then plated Seib with a sacrifice fly later in the inning.
• York was blanked until the seventh when their scored their lone two runs of the game. The Spartans scored on a wild pitch and then got their second run on a Patrick Clement single up the middle. A double play short circuited the rally as they couldn't get more than two in the frame despite three hits and a hit batter.
• York got a runner on in the eight and one in the ninth but couldn't do any more damage against the Dips.
Spartan Offensive Leaders:
Patrick Clement: 1-for-4, 1 RBI
Steve Miller: 2-for-4, 1 run scored
Jake Krevetski: 1-for-2, 1 run scored
F&M Offensive Leaders:
Luke Seib: 2-for-4, 3 RBI, 1 run scored, 2 2B
Matt Mezansky: 1-for-4, 1 RBI, 1 run scored, 2B
Casey Bulik: 2-for-4, 1 run scored
Christopher Vincent: 1-for-3, 1 RBI
Spartan Pitching Leaders:
Matt Goodman: 3.0 IP, 7 hits, 7 runs, 5 earned runs, 3 K, 1 BB
Bobby Kuehn: 5.0 IP, 1 hit, 0 runs, 3 K, 3 BB
Diplomat Pitching Leaders:
Mack Glavin: 7.0 IP, 5 hits, 2 earned runs, 2 K, 1 BB
Thomas Kelly: 1.0 IP, 0 hits, 1 BB
Daniel Blugis: 1.0 IP, 1 hit, 1 K
Winning Pitcher (Record): Mack Glavin (1-1)
Losing Pitcher (Record): Matt Goodman (0-5)
Save (Number): None
Notes: York got two runs on six hits with one error while the Diplomats had seven runs on eight hits with no errors … York has now scored four runs in their last two games combined … York has scored two runs or less in six games this year … Freshman Bobby Kuehn had his second straight strong outing as he tossed five shutout innings, allowing just one hit .... Kuehn has allowed four runs, three earned, in his last 13 innings of work … The Spartans have committed 47 errors in 24 games with the Spartan pitchers combining for 15 errors for the year … York is now 2-7 on the road … York is now 1-5-1 in their last seven ... York leads the all-time series with the Diplomats 32-11 as F&M picked up its first win since May 6, 2011 (12-4 win in York).
What's Next: The Spartans head to St. Mary's College to face the Seahawks on Wednesday afternoon in a Capital Athletic Conference. Game time in St. Mary's City is set for 3:30 pm. The Spartans picked up an 8-0 win in the team's first game in York on March 16.